Pulling together highlights about our commitments, community, and accomplishments in a single page, our 2017 school profile gives our current and prospective families, faculty, and friends a quick snapshot of what is happening at Providence today. To God be the glory!
Our school in a sentence…
Providence is a fully-accredited, Christ-centered K-12 community in St. Louis, MO which uses the time-proven classical model to equip students for a life of wisdom, virtue, and eloquence to the glory of God through rich encounters with great books, history, theology, classical languages, logic, mathematics, arts and sciences, and quality extracurriculars. (Find our Vision Statement in full at www.providencestl.org.)
With students from 43 area churches, our community is founded upon our common commitment to the good news of salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone to the glory of God alone in accordance with Scripture alone.
Accreditation & Memberships
Headmaster: Mr. Jonathan Mattull
MDiv, Covenant Theological Seminary
Upper School Dean: Dr. Patrick Egan
PhD, University of St. Andrews
Grammar School Dean: Mrs. Keri Stoner
BA, Missouri State University
Full time: 17
Part time: 4
Advanced degrees: 9
Providence attracts 120 students from 25 zip codes across the St. Louis region:
- 67 students in K-6 (average class size: 10)
- 53 students in 7-12 (average class size: 9)
Classical, Christian Academics
A classical education equips whole persons to pursue excellence not only in what they do, but in who they are. We seek to nourish souls on the classical ideals of the True, Good, and Beautiful, recognizing that these ultimately and most fully are found in Christ. Each subject is taught as part of an integrated whole with the Scriptures at the center. As our curriculum builds incrementally from kindergarten to high school, we desire our Christian liberal arts education to produce far more than excellent test scores, but not less.
K-8 Standardized Test Results
Relative to National Median
College Entrance Exam
2017 Average Composite Scores
- ACT: 28.7
- SAT: 1830
Key Community Features
- Faithful Teachers: Our teachers exhibit a heartfelt faith in Jesus and commitment to excellence in their craft.
- K-12 Community: Our single-campus, K-12 structure advances academic goals, cultivates a strong community, and serves families.
- Small Size: Intentionally limiting our size to one excellent, vibrant classroom per grade level safeguards effective teaching and learning.
- Affordable Tuition: Rates are set at less than half the national average for independent schools, and scholarships are available.
- Quality Extracurriculars: Each activity is in keeping with our classical, Christian vision and pursued with excellence.
- Involved Families: We partner with families in their God-given role of teaching and training students; their involvement is vital for success.
Athletics Programs and Awards
- Cross Country: 1-12 boys and girls, competing with top public & private schools
- Volleyball: 7-12 girls
- Basketball: 5-12 boys and girls
- NACA 2016 national cross country meet HS boys 2nd place, Middle School girls 3rd place
- MCSAA 2016 state volleyball tournament 3rd place
- MCSAA 2017 state basketball tournament girls 3rd place, boys 3rd place
Activities and Arts
|Art Club||Student Newspaper|
|Dulcis Cantus Choir||Student Council|
|Literature Festivals||History Festivals|
|6th Gr. Virginia Trip||Jr.-Sr. Europe Trip|
The entire Providence 2017 graduating class was accepted to one or more colleges. Three students were National Merit Scholar finalists and one student was named a National Merit Scholar.
Colleges attended by recent graduates include:
- Belmont College
- Berry College
- Biola University
- Concordia University – Chicago, IL
- Covenant College
- Gordon College
- Hillsdale College
- Missouri State University
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- St. John’s College – Annapolis, MD
- St. Louis University
- Truman State University
- University of Missouri – Saint Louis, MO
- Union University
- Wheaton College
Join us in bringing intellectual and spiritual renewal to our culture through supporting the resurgence of classical Christian education!