Providence seeks to prepare students to live, work, and serve according to the call that God has for their lives. Whether this includes the pursuit of a higher education or not, we desire to assist students in identifying aptitudes, interests, and opportunities which will help them grow beyond their high school years.
Of course, a Providence education will prepare students for success in college, and for those students who chose to pursue it, we offer several services to help them research colleges and majors, and to assist them with the college application process.
- College information nights. Twice a year we host information packed college seminars. These seminars are geared for sophomores through seniors and their parents, but are open to any families interested in learning more about the college application and scholarship process.
- Personal consultations. You may set up a personal consultation with the Dean at your convenience. He will be happy to assist you throughout every phase, from college selection and application, to financial aid and scholarship applications.
- College Representative Visits. Throughout the year Providence hosts representatives from various colleges. Watch the school calendar for the next visit, parents and students are welcome.
Online and external resources
- The Choice – New York Times
- The College Insider – Cappex
- Head Count – Chronicle of Higher Education
- In – Princeton Review
Careers and majors exploration
- College Board My College QuickStart
- College Board Explore Careers
- ACT Interest Inventory (UNIACT)
- ACT World-of-Work Map
College guides and searches
- College Navigator
- College Board College Search
- Colleges That Change Lives
- Khan Academy
- Newman Guide
- Princeton Review College Rankings
- Texas Monthly College Guide
- U.S. News Best Colleges
- What Will They Learn?
Standardized testing resources
Info and schedules
- Providence’s CEEB code: 260784
- When to take the SAT/ACT tests
- Choosing the ACT or SAT
- The SAT vs. the ACT
- ACT test registration and schedule of tests
- SAT test registration and dates, and schedule of subject tests
Online test prep
- College Board PSAT/NMSQT Skills Insight
- College Board SAT Practice
- Getting Ready for the SAT (PDF)
- ACT Test Prep
- Preparing for the ACT (PDF)
- Princeton Review
Understanding comparisons and percentile ranks
Financial aid resources
- Federal: U.S. Department of Education
- State: Missouri Department of Education
- ACT Financial Aid Need Estimator
- National Assoc. of Student Financial Aid Administrators